Locas W1 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter Review
The Locas W1 self balancing scooter is one of the many two wheel electric scooters available at the moment. The price and specs are pretty similar to many others on the market and for the most part this seems to be a pretty good product with a 6 month warranty. It’s not the most popular scooter available but it’s still good value for money and even has a few extra features that some other models on the market don’t have. This Locas W1 scooter review will tell you everything you need to know about this product.
First let’s take a quick look at what you get:
- Comes in 6 different colors – black, gold, white, green red and blue
- Weight: 10kg
- Maximum speed: 10km/h
- Maximum load: 100kg
- Maximum distance (when fully charged): 10km
- Maximum climbing angle: 20 degrees
- Battery: Li-ion battery 36V, 4.4AH
- Charging time: 1-2 hours
- Range per charge: 20-30km
- Size: 584 x 186 x 178mm
- No pollution and low power consumption
- Battery status display (not all models have this and it is quite useful – most scooters run for about 30 minutes before needing charged, but it’s convenient to know exactly when your power is going to run out).
- Auto power off if you lose control (another good feature that not ever scooter has – especially good for younger or older riders who may be a bit unsure with balance)
- It is small, lightweight, and portable.
- It does have a reasonable warranty – 1 year for the main board and 6 months for the motor and battery
- This comes with a FREE noise cancelling headphones and a FREE carry bag!
- Like every other scooter currently on the market it scratches easily.
What Are Customers Saying?
There are very few Locas W1 two wheel self balancing electric scooter user reviews for this product yet so it’s hard to judge whether or not this is a good buy. The truth is that it’s far from the best rated. There are a few positive reviews though, and those that rated it highly are very happy with their scooter. There are a few negative 1 star reviews – some people find that the board broke easily and there’s a review stating that it stopped charging after just 2 days.
The Locas W1 has mixed reviews but for the most part seems to be quite a good scooter with some useful features like ‘battery status display’ that not every other model has. There are a few reviewers saying theirs broke, but that can happen with any scooter (some are more easily broken than others though). There is a 6 month warranty on the motor and battery, and 12 month warranty on the board which means you can at least get a replacement if something goes wrong – you may have to jump through a few hoops first though (one reviewer stated she had to unscrew the back and take a picture of the motherboard so that they could decide whether or not to replace it). It comes with a free carry bag and free noise-canceling headphones as a nice added bonus.