As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
TRYING TO FIND A USER MANUAL SUCKS
Hoverboard user manuals , who needs one?
All you do is turn it on and go, right?
Most of the time, that’s the case no big deal, nothing too difficult.
But what does that red blinky light mean?
WHY DOES MY HOVERBOARD HAVE AN ORANGE LIGHT WHEN I TRY TO CHARGE IT?
These are all issues that are covered in the different user manuals below.
I’ve tried to include as many of them as I can find.
If you find that you need a specific manual that I don’t have included below, shoot me a message and I’ll try to find it.
SWAGWAY X1 OWNER’S GUIDE
The user operations manual for the Swagway X1. It wasn’t too difficult to find, though there’s not a link to it from the page on Amazon (when it’s listed there), the official page , or the Target.com page (where it’s also sold.)
From the user manual:
- When the low battery indicator turns on, get off your Swagway X1. The Swagway will not balance and you will fall.
- Max slope of 30 degrees. Other places say that the max slope is only 10-15 degrees.
- Does your Swagway pull to the left or right? You might need to recalibrate it. Inside are the instructions on How to Recalibrate the Swagway X1.
The Swagway X1 Hands Free Self Balancing Smart Board
POWERBOARD BY HOVERBOARD USER’S MANUAL
The Powerboard hoverboard user manual is actually easy to find. While it may not be on their Amazon listing, it is listed on the official site:
From the instruction manual:
- When the Powerboard battery drops below 10%, it will beep to remind you to charge it immediately.
- The range decreases if you travel up/down slopes frequently.
- The Powerboard user manual says that the top speed of the Powerboard is 6.5 MPH. Most other places say that it is 8 MPH.
The Power board self Balancing Electric Scooter
RAZOR HOVERTRAX USER MANUAL
Another user manual that was easy to find, the Razor Hovertrax. You can find the Hovertrax at multiple retailers, though many have it only in their
online stores, Amazon, and also on the official Hovertrax page on the Razor site.
From the instructions:
- You can tell that Razor has had to deal with a few lawsuits before. The manual is full of warnings and disclaimers. I’m sure they’ve had to
deal with people who suffer from P.E.B.K.A.C (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair). You can hurt yourself, be careful.
- The Hovertrax will shake when the battery is below 5%. Charge it immediately. Draining the battery completely may damage the
- You should charge your Hovertrax immediately after riding, but for no more than 6 hours.
Do you wonder why your Hovertrax shakes sometimes while riding?
See the Razor Hovertrax Review
SOLOWHEEL HOVERTRAX OPERATIONS MANUAL
The Solowheel Hovertrax is the original self-balancing electric scooter. This is the version invented by the Inventist.com CEO, Shane Chen. He
then licensed the hoverboard patent to Razor scooters. This is the Solowheel user manual. You can buy a Solowheel Hovertrax from Brookstone.
Tips from the guidebook:
- Fully charge your hoverboard before using for the first time.
- The Solowheel Hovertrax is for indoor use only.
- Do not turn your hoverboard on while it is in mid air.
The Solowheel Hovertrax, the first hoverboard
IO HAWK SELF BALANCING SCOOTER INSTRUCTION MANUAL
One of the original self-balancing scooters that you could buy was the IO Hawk. Now it seems that you can find a hoverboard at every store, they were
one of the first companies to realize the potential that hoverboards had.
From the manual:
- The Battery LED turns RED at 10% or less battery left.
- See the picture on the right to see where you should place your foot when learning to ride a hoverboard.
- Probably even more important than knowing how to mount your hoverboard is how to dismount it. Don’t step forward when getting off a hoverboard.
Instead, step backwards. Stepping forwards causes the board to want to go forwards.
Step carefully with a single foot onto the hoverboard, then step up with the second foot
Learn More in My IO Hawk Review
What happens next?
BECAUSE THIS IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS…
I’m going to be adding to this page whenever I find other hoverboard user manuals to post on here. These next links, while not true user manuals are
all the documentation that some hoverboards have. They’re shared here as both an archive and to be a convenience for people who own one of these
- Spacechariot User Manual
- Fwheel.cc User’s
Manual : This seems to be one of the actual manufacturer’s user’s manual. This will apply to many brands which are just resellers. You can probably tell if your model is made by them by looking at the pictures included inside.
- The Glydeboard Operator Manual
- GV Hoverboard Owner’s Guide
- Tigerpro Skyboard Instruction Manual
- The Hyperboard Users Guide
All of these guides are saved as PDFs. You can just right click on the link and then choose “Save As…” or you can click on the link and then in the PDF you right click and hit “Save As…”
That’s it for this article. If you need a manual, or if you have one that I don’t have included on this page, contact me below and let me know.
Or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.