Right now, one of the ONLY UL certified self-balancing scooters on the market is the Swagway Swagtron, and it comes in two different models, the T1 and the T3. If you haven’t jumped on the hoverboard bandwagon yet, now’s a great time to get one.
The next generation hoverboards that are available right now are stronger, more durable, better quality, and most importantly of all, they’re safer!
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING A HOVERBOARD
Before we really dive into the two Swagtron models below, we should first discuss what you should be considering as you choose your hoverboard. This is important for both beginners and experts with a bit more experience.
First of all, always be aware of where you are buying the device from. At the end of 2015, many online sites, Amazon included, actually pulled most hoverboard models from all third-party sellers due to safety concerns.
Next, you will want to ensure the hoverboard you choose is of good quality and performance. Compare the models from each year, and you will find that they continue to get better as we move into the future of hoverboards. Many are becoming UL Certified, smartphone apps are being launched, and the batteries and control systems of the newer hoverboards are improving and are able to meet the UL standard.
WHAT IS A UL CERTIFICATION?
UL is just one of several companies focused on safety and safety testing. The safety testing for UL Certification is performed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Having a UL Certification is important because it means that the product- in this case, a hoverboard- has gone through safety testing and has been assessed against UL requirements and has been found to be safe for consumers.
Now let’s get into taking a closer look at two hoverboard models from a few years ago.
In this article, we’re going to look at the Swagtron T1 vs. T3 so that you can see the differences for yourself and decide which one is right for you. First of all, let’s look at some of the features that are common to both:
SWAGWAY SWAGTRON HOVERBOARD FEATURES
The following are some of the features of BOTH models:
- UL 2272 certification – this is a big step forward for the hoverboard industry. Newer models that have this certification are safe. No more fires or battery explosions!
- Hard plastic, nonflammable, outer body casing
- Patented Sentry Shield multilayer battery protection – the battery is encased in a fireproof chamber for added protection
- Different riding modes – learners’ mode for when you’re getting started and more advanced modes for when your more confident and want to reach top speeds.
- Bright LED lights
- Both of the models use the same gyroscopic technology to steer and move forward and in reverse. They are also both relatively easy to control
- These two models are both equipped with rubber bumpers to help prevent any damage from occurring on the outside of the hoverboard while it is in use
SWAGTRON T1 VS T3 – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Now let’s take a look at some of the differences between the Swagtron T1 model and the swagtron t3 model. Upon a quick look, both models definitely appear very similar to each other. They both share the same weight range and maximum load weights, for example.
But as you start to dissect the two to find the differences, you will discover that the newer model, the T3, is actually equipped with a few more features than its older brother, the T1.
The Swagtron T1 hoverboard was released on May 31st, 2016 and is for sale on many of the top online marketplaces. This is the only self-balancing scooter available on the official website, eBay, Best Buy and many other stores.
The swagtron t3 was released on July 1st and is usually available on Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Modells and others.
The T1 is very similar in design to the first generation hoverboards that were on sale in 2015 – it does, however, feature better quality, harder ABS casing to minimize scratching and damage to the outer body and better non-slip foot pads for safer riding. It comes in 6 colors – white, black, blue, dark red, gold and pink.
The T3 has a completely unique look that you won’t find anywhere else. A new design feature is the built-in carry strap made from durable fabric; this makes it much easier to carry your hoverboard around when not in use.
Here I’m just going to discuss the extra features of the swagtron t3 – these are NOT available with the T1.
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers – this is one of the only Bluetooth hoverboards on the market at the moment with UL 2272 certification. Sync the hoverboard up with your mobile device, and you can listen to your favorite music while riding your two-wheeled scooter.
- Built-in carrying strap underneath the board for easier transportation and convenience
- The Swagtron App – monitor your battery status, track route history, or contact customer service through the mobile app now available with the T3 model.
- The T1 only has two riding modes (learning mode and standard mode) whereas you get three riding modes with the T3 – learning mode, standard mode and advanced.
The Swagtron T1 is priced around the 0 mark while the swagtron t3 model price hovers around the 0 mark. However, the extra money you pay will buy you the amazing additional features we just described.
SO, WHICH SHOULD I BUY?
As you can see, the Swagtron T1 is the standard hoverboard model. This is for you if you just want a good quality, affordable hoverboard without any of the bells and whistles. Most people will opt for this one just because they won’t need any of the extras that the T3 offers, so why pay the extra $100?
The Swagtron T1 is a suitable hoverboard choice for all ages (bearing in mind the height and weight requirements), but we think this will definitely be very popular with the majority of hoverboard buyers, especially parents buying for their kids.
The T3 is for advanced two-wheeled scooter users, those looking for something a bit extra. Built-in Bluetooth, built-in speaker, an expert riding mode (as well as the learning mode and standard modes), an app and the built-in carry strap make this the most advanced UL certified hoverboard on the market right now. At its higher price point, it’s approximately $100 more than the T1, but that won’t deter those who want the extra features.
Also, it’s still a very good price for safety because many of the more expensive models (that cost $1000+) haven’t yet been UL approved and do not always hold a UL Certification.
Who needs an IO Hawk or Phunkeeduck when you can get a Swagtron!